We had a series of amazing presentations at the 2022 conference that provided a number of key takeaways:
- Our Leadership Panel spoke on the theme of resilience, in particular, managing through the pandemic
- Keynote Speakers - We had two fantastic keynotes with Neil Pasricha providing us an AWESOME presentation and Sadiq Adatia providing an insightful Investment Outlook
Looking at our breakout session:
- IFRS 17 Business Impacts: A non technical perspective offered a non-technical presentation providing insight on how IFRS 17 will impact the audience at all levels.
- Life Insurance ESG - The Social Connection explored how social issues have become part of the life and health insurance ESG Agenda.
- Climate Change and its Influence on the Insurance Industry opened our eyes to how P&C risk is not the only risk when it comes to climate change and the potential factors that should be considered when determining the impact of climate change on your business.
- The Rising Importance of Technology and Insuretech in the Insurance Industry discussed how if integrated effectively, an optimized underwriting process can help insurers assess the risk much faster and more accurately, access and analyze data instantly, and more.
- Accelerated Underwriting From All Angles explained the most important aspects of an accelerated program with a shared understanding of the approaches and challenges encountered by the direct writer and reinsurer.
- Successful deployment of AI models - or how to welcome a robot to your team explained how developing an AI model doesn't add value if the model is not deployed and used, and can destroy value if it has unmitigated biases.
- The Long Tail (Tale) of Covid provided an overview of long term implications of COVID-19 and what we as an industry should be on the watch
COVID-19 Pandemic Pricing and Underwriting provided a forward looking view of both pricing and underwriting considerations as a result of the global pandemic.
- Underwriting Hot Topics examined medical advancements and how to assess future risk when the past is no longer a predictor.
- The Complexities of Data Privacy and Regulatory Law for Insurance provided insight on the complex issues facing the insurance industry today
- Longevity: The Canadian Pension Risk Transfer Market presented a discussion on relevant issues that will drive the markets in 2022 to what is expected again to be another record-breaking year
- Our Mental Health CRC Connection Series provided a deeper understanding of the issues being faced by individuals with mental health issues, gaps in the system as well as emerging ways to provide support
- Our Future of Work CRC Connection Series showcased how leading organizations are reshaping talent management, collaboration and more
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you in-person at next year’s conference!