We had a series of amazing presentations at the 2021 conference that provided a number of key takeaways:
- Our CEO Executive Insight Series provided details on how each leader has found ways to thrive during the pandemic, despite the challenges, by leveraging their innovation, agility, technology, and leadership.
- Our 8 CRC Connection Speaker Series showcased personal stories focusing on overcoming challenges and mental health and wellness.
Our breakout sessions included:
- The Future of Mortality and Pricing in a Post-COVID-19 World reviewed the long-term consequences which will take 3-5 years to fully establish. There are still many open questions as to the long-term nature of organ damage and other effects the pandemic had on healthcare systems which will change the outlook on mortality trend. Not everything will be negative there will also be positive trends particularly in the short term.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic: Where are we now and what does the future hold? Provided attendees with insight into the evolution of the pandemic on 3 continents, including the expected long-term health consequences of Covid-19 infection and the impact of the pandemic on the future of healthcare.
- Suicide Perspectives and Trends confirmed that Mental Health is a significant factor in early death claims. There are a combination of risk factors to identify this.
- Underwriting complex sales strategies in light of current market trends – Is insurance still insurance? Helped attendees to understand how important financial underwriting is and how sales have evolved in the current marketplace to determine the impact on the business/industry as a whole.
- Advanced Trends and Technologies opened our eyes to new trends and technologies that's transforming the insurance industry and its related industries (e.g. Life Style).
- Bringing together current distribution strategies and technology to improve the customer experience – explained why your organization should be tracking changes in consumer behaviour and adjusting accordingly, explained how to dive deep into the consumer’s mindset - how they want to engage, what their product preferences are, how these have changed due to Covid, etc. and explained how Carriers can leverage technologies to improve their customer experience to stay relevant and meet market demands.
- Disability Insurance Highlights (Group and Individual) provided an update on insights and trends in the Disability Insurance markets, with a focus in the Canadian market but also a touch on overseas.
- Artificial Intelligence and Ethics in Insurance provided an appreciation of the ethical issues involved when algorithms make decisions impacting humans, and organizational considerations to manage risks prevent your company from making the news!
We look forward to seeing you at next year’s conference!